Admission to Hospital
Undergoing surgery may be a new and intimidating experience for many people. The process can be made much easier, safer and more acceptable by following some simple instructions:
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your planned date of surgery.
- Please arrive at the hospital at the time specified in order to ensure you have an available bed.
- Please bring all your regular medication with you to the hospital.
- Please remember to bring all your imaging studies (X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs) with you to the hospital.
- Please remember to bring all your blood test results with you to the hospital.
- If you were informed that you will need elbow crutches, a knee brace or special stockings (graduated compression stockings for prevention of deep vein thrombosis), please remember to bring them with you on the day of surgery.
- You may bring mobile phones and laptops to the hospital. Some hospitals provide free Wi-Fi access. Remember to bring a power-outlet socket-adapter for your phone / laptop chargers with you.