Training in Hip and Knee Surgery
Dr. Dahabreh worked as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in the United Kingdom (UK), before moving his practice to Jordan in 2015.
Dr. Dahabreh’s comprehensive surgical and orthopaedic training programme in the UK continued for over 12 years. It included working with renowned surgeons, as well as, undertaking prestigious fellowship training in Harrogate. During his training he was awarded a Master of Science (MSc) degree in orthopaedic engineering from the University of Cardiff and the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Tr & Orth). He was then awarded the certificate of completion of training (CCT) which qualified him to join the specialist register of the general medical council (GMC) as a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon in the United Kingdom.
After obtaining his CCT, Dr. Dahabreh spent one year of fellowship training in Australia at the renowned Sydney Orthopaedic Research Institute (SORI) and the Royal North Shore Hospital in order to further advance his skills in knee surgery.
Dr. Dahabreh has had extensive involvement in research which he has published and presented internationally. Dr. Dahabreh is currently an active reviewer as well as an editorial board member of the American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM). He continues to be faculty member for several national and international educational courses.
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, UK.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. FRCS (Tr & Orth), Intercollegiate Specialty Boards, UK.
- Master in Science (MSc) in Orthopaedic Engineering, Cardiff University, UK.
- Certificate of Completion of Basic Surgical Training (CCBST), UK.
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS), UK.
- Jordanian Board in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery (ranked 1st).
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Provider (ATLS).
- MB BS in Medicine and Surgery, University of Jordan.
Membership of professional bodies
British Orthopaedic Association
British Association for Surgery of the Knee
British Trauma Society
Jordanian Medical Association
Jordanian Arthroplasty Group
Jordanian Group of Sport Injuries and Arthroscopic Surgeries
Dr. Dahabreh’s online profile is also available on the following sites:
Knee Guru: https://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/knee-surgeon/dr-ziad-dahabreh
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ziad_Dahabreh